Liquor Liability Insurance
Liquor liability insurance provides coverage for bodily injury or property damage for which an insured may be held liable by reason of the following:
- Causing or contributing to the intoxication of any person;
- Furnishing alcoholic beverages to a person under the legal drinking age or under the
influence of alcohol; or
- Violating any statute, ordinance, or regulation relating to the sale, gift, distribution, or use of alcoholic beverages.
This coverage applies only if the insured is involved in the following activities:
- Manufacturing, selling, or distributing alcoholic beverages;
- Serving or furnishing alcoholic beverages for a charge, whether or not such activity
requires a license or is for the purpose of financial gain or livelihood; or
- Serving or furnishing alcoholic beverages without a charge, if a license is required for such activity.